Accounts Receivable CoordinatorAny OW Location
Under direct supervision produces and distributes invoicing, and posts accounts receivable payments. Maintains appropriate ledgers, resolves credit balances and account problems, posts claim denials, refunds, adjustments and other account actions.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Receives invoicing notification from appropriate dealer staff; utilizes dealer business system to verify invoicing information and produces/prints invoice
- Ensures client sign-offs and job-complete documentation is in master file; documentation may include time sheets for billing hourly work, delivery tickets, punch/exception resolution forms, service contracts (design or installation projects, for instance), change order approvals, etc.
- Ensures all invoices are correctly entered into the General Ledger accounts, posted correctly to the appropriate sales orders
- Makes sure clients with specialized billing requirements get the correct invoicing at the correct time
- Does recurring billing for storage
- Processes cost adjustments as required to fix billing errors and balances after costing of A/P invoices
- Tracks all receivables for payment or delinquency; prints aging reports and distributes to appropriate dealer personnel; follows-up weekly on all receivables over 30 days delinquent
- Keeps detail history of action taken on all receivables over 60 days delinquent; works closely with customers to get timely payment for delinquent receivables; keeps management informed on status of all receivables over 60 days delinquent
- Works with other dealer staff (sales, customer service, operations, service, etc.) to resolve customer issues that are holding up payment by the customer
Resolves over- or under-payments by customers before entering information into business system
- Maintains customer credit authorizations
- Sends out credit applications and researches credit worthiness through appropriate credit resources such as D&B; makes calls to references to verify credit worthiness
- Maintains sales tax database to ensure proper sales taxes are invoiced and paid
- Ensures customer information is up-to-date (bill to; addresses; billing contact; etc.)
- Fields questions from external customers as well as dealer staff regarding invoicing issues and status
- Does miscellaneous accounting tasks under direction of supervisor
- Processes deposits, credit memos and re-billing requests
- Assists in the processing of A/R monthly reports
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software as well as other accounting software programs.
- Ability to operate related office equipment, such as computers, 10-key calculator, and copier.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- At least two years of related experience required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.