Healthcare DesignerWilmington, NC
The role of the Healthcare Designer is to provide a high level of design service to the team and the customer. The primary duties include working with team members on an account, presenting and adhering to design standards, offering expertise related to Healthcare specific needs and function, providing necessary programming, typical development, install documents, and specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Space planning and any necessary fit plans
- Coordinate all phases of the design process with the salesperson, customer, project managers, vendors, etc
- Work with customers to develop final approved plans.
- Create and deliver client presentations.
- Development tasks, including drawings, calculations, budget cost estimates, standards development and specifications
- Site measurement and verification
- Knowledge of code and regulation compliance
- Prepare installation drawings.
- Knowledge of ancillary product
- Assist with the creation of final proposals.
- Mentor new designers and provide guidance to the entire design group.
- Provide Final spec checks and sign off’s of specifications created by designers
- Work with management and other team leaders in the organization to evaluate design processes and make sure there is consistency and efficiency.
- Prompt, reliable and regular attendance
- Helping your team deliver valuable experiences to our customers, even if it means pursuing non-design tasks on occasion
- Facilitating and inspiring idea generation techniques with your team
- Providing a positive customer experience for your client.
- Regularly attends design and consultation meetings with the client, both virtual and in person.
- A true passion for design and a desire to do the right thing and produce meaningful work!
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design, Industrial Design, Architecture, or similar or equivalent experience
- 1+ year of experience in a similar role
- Teknion product knowledge a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English both written and verbal
- MS Office Environment proficient
- Proficient in CET, CAP, AutoCad
- Occasional overnight travel may be required to meet customer’s project needs.
- Experience at both ends of the design spectrum – high-level strategy to crafting smaller project design details – is strongly preferred.
- A demonstrated ability to design and contribute to digital experiences is a plus.
- Understands the importance of deadlines and the ability to meet them.
- Proven experience in working with multi-disciplinary teams – not only designers – is strongly preferred.
- An ability to work effectively across teams is required.
- You demonstrate a clear and compelling design sense grounded in compassion and thoughtfulness as well as being updated on current and influencing trends in the Healthcare industry.
- You show an aptitude and enthusiasm for working in teams, and a willingness to help your team complete tasks outside the realm of design, if necessary
- You communicate well, whether on the phone, over video, in writing, or in person
- You enjoy learning, and happily teach others
- You have a powerful impulse to improve existing designs, invent new experiences, and perform to the highest level.
- Knowledge of healthcare specific products that apply to areas including Acute, Outpatient, Pediatric, Behavioral Health, Medical Group Practices, & Corporate are necessary.
- Flexible: able to make good decisions, prioritize & re-prioritize tasks, adjust schedules and adapt based on customer needs and deadline
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.