Workplace ConsultantNashville, TN
Generates leads, qualifies potential customers and convinces clients to buy furniture and services from the dealership. This position is responsible for sales volume, margin percent and new business goals on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Networks extensively for leads (business groups, real estate brokers, A&D community, local community organizations, industry organizations—IFMA, BOMA, etc.)
- Researches for leads through business journals, newspapers, industry periodicals and publications, internet, etc.
- Cold calls potential clients in person or by telephone, or combination
- Participates in dealership lead generation programs such as telemarketing, open houses, industry events, etc.; follows up diligently on leads provided by the dealership
- Qualifies leads into potential customers; does thorough needs analysis to understand client’s requirements for furniture products and services
- Makes persuasive presentations to customers on dealership’s products and services—in person, through written/graphic documentation and electronic means
- Develops detailed, accurate and professional looking quotes through own effort or in conjunction with dealership personnel (designers, customer service representatives, project managers, etc.) and presents these to the customer in a timely manner
- Works with service departments to develop service contracts to present to customer when complex services are sold (design, for instance) or for major projects (installation, design, project management)
- Provides accounting department with timely information for any necessary credit checks
- Is responsible for setting up the sale so that it can be efficiently managed and administered by the dealership, and the dealership operations and business personnel
- Accepts responsibility for the accuracy of specifications when entering orders themselves, and reviews specifications for obvious errors when done by others (design, for instance); provides complete, accurate and timely sales order (header data, pricing, contract numbers, etc.) and work order (site and project parameters, installation schedule, etc.) information required for proposal/sales order system
- Ensures a responsible close of sale by obtaining signed sales orders (and terms & conditions, if appropriate), client purchase orders and deposits as required
- Stays involved throughout sale implementation to ensure that any bottlenecks or changes in scope are identified and resolved, and that both customer and dealership are satisfied
- Is available, responsive and timely to customer inquiries, requests for information and/or quotations, problem resolution, etc.
- Provides frequent and regular follow-up contact with customer regarding after sale services and information, including customer satisfaction
- Conducts a professional, cooperative interface with the customer, the customer’s employees, and the customer’s third party consultants/subcontractors
- Ensures the customer gets frequent and regular reports on order status, project progress and overall customer activity status
- Assists accounting in resolving any late receivables or customer credit issues
Goals and Performance
- Meets monthly, quarterly and yearly sales, margin and new business goals as set by the dealership and sales manager
- Provides timely reports on sales forecasts and new leads as required
- Participates in special sales programs sponsored by the dealership or in conjunction with the dealership’s designated furniture manufacturers; attends training sessions as determined by the dealership
Contract Furniture Management
- Is knowledgeable of dealership’s product lines—product features, application, technical capabilities, specification, etc.
- Has good understanding of contract furniture management at dealer level—account servicing, project management, order preparation, order management, factory interface, delivery & installation— including sale’s role in those processes and procedures
- Functions as customer advocate for internal order fulfillment performance and service products
- Has knowledge of office environment issues (ergonomics, technology integration and use, office productivity, etc.) and general business trends
- Prompt, reliable and regular attendance
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years in sales within the architecture/interior design and furniture setting preferred • Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, and organizational skills • Proficiency with sales management software and CRM
- Personal integrity
- Ability to travel at least 25% of the time to customer events and host events in house
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proven success rate at levels above quotas
- Ability to balance persuasion with professionalism
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of furniture industry and manufacturers
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.