Provides design services to customers, including site/inventory verification (as needed), programming, typical development, shop drawings & specifications. Works closely with sales, customer service & project management as well as customers, to ensure accurate plans and specifications reach the customers satisfaction and highest quality of implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Space planning and any necessary fit plans
- Coordinate all phases of the design process with the salesperson and customer
- Work with customers to develop final approved plans
- Create and deliver client presentations
- Development tasks, including drawings, calculations, cost estimates and specifications
- Reviews site; conducts field measurements as needed
- Code and regulation compliance
- Prepare installation drawings
- Manages changes and revisions
- Uploads current working version of plan with dimensions to PlanGrid for site surveyor
- Create fabric / finish boards upon request
- Maintains detailed and extensive project documentation, including records of all key decisions, phone conversations, approvals & sign offs and notes from all project meetings.
- Communicates regularly with PM and Director on project status, issues & concerns in regards to overall design or schedule.
- Product inventories as needed
- Ancillary product research
- Assist with the creation of final proposals
- Prompt, reliable and regular attendance
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design, Industrial Design, Architecture, or similar or equivalent experience
- 1+ year of experience in a similar role
- Teknion product knowledge a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English both written and verbal
- MS Office Environment proficient
- Proficient in CET, Sketch up, AutoCAD, Adobe
- Understands the importance of deadlines and the ability to meet them.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.