New Business Development ManagerPittsburgh, PA
The New Business Development Manager is responsible for driving business growth within a company. They develop a network of contacts to attract new clients, research new market opportunities and oversee growth projects, making sales projections and forecasting revenue, in line with projected income.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet opportunity pipeline, conversion, revenue, and profitability goals.
- Build and maintain a funnel of on-mission* new business opportunities, two to three times overall revenue goal. *On-mission projects are those in which Officeworks is in a strong position to win through strong stakeholder relationships and aligned product specifications. The intent is not to be a bid catcher, but rather an opportunity cultivator uncovering opportunities and building a preference for Officeworks.
- Effectively articulate and represent the Officeworks brand and value proposition in the market.
- Identify key stakeholders responsible for furniture and workplace service decisions and specifications in the market.
- Establish a strategy to engage key stakeholders and build a strong partnership around the Officeworks brand and value proposition.
- Leverage key relationships and partnerships to meet revenue and profitability goals.
- Manage T&E budget in a manner that balances brand engagement with financial goals and parameters.
- Effectively facilitate the buying process by leading both the client and the internal Officeworks team from initial engagement through award and order entry.
- Leads internally and externally through effective communication (written and verbal), problem solving, solution development, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or the equivalent level of professional experience
- 5+ years of sales experience in the contract office furniture industry with proven results.
- Strong leadership skills and results orientation.
- Conversant with PC applications including email, word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Ability to work independently and achieve results
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with strong emphasis on listening.
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to build rapport
- Experience with CRM software
- Ability to deliver presentations effectively
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.