Project ManagerFalls Church, VA
Working side by side with your Sales team, account manager and/or the sales coordinator, the project manager plans the entire process, coordinating the efforts of everyone involved in the project to implement to project installation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
It starts with understanding the project goals and the players. You create a communication plan, make contact lists, and prepare schedules. In this “just-in-time” world, scheduling is very important. Making any trade wait—electrical, cabling, contractors, installers—increases costs and delays completion. The project manager coordinates the schedules of all trades involved with the furniture.
Throughout the furniture manufacturing process, the project manager monitors the schedules for delays or changes. When the furniture ships, packing lists are verified with the order, assuring the installation team that everything is on the way. The project manager also supervises the installation, troubleshooting any problems that might arise. Together with the client, you walk the space and if necessary, prepare a punch list of items needing resolution.
Furniture Integration Planning
- Pre-installation and ongoing meeting coordination
- Project scope identification and documentation
- Resource planning and integration
- Project timeline and schedule planning
- Delivery and installation planning
- Specification and order audit
- Permit and certificate of insurance coordination
Scheduling, Monitoring, and Tracking
- Project timeline development
- Product manufacturing tracking and coordination
- Product, delivery, and installation scheduling
- Coordination with subcontractors
- Site Coordination
- Pre-installation site inspection
- Electrical/data access point verification and coordination
- Building management coordination
- Furniture installation management
- Site conditions assessment
Delivery and installation access mapping
- On-site delivery and installation supervision and coordination
- Project issue resolution
- Field change order documentation and coordination
Post-installation and Project Closeout
- Furniture installation walk-through
- Open-issue reporting, follow-up, and coordination
- Project closeout coordination
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience as a Project Manager.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, particularly MS Excel.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must work well in team environment
- Ability to multi-task is a fast-paced environment
- Travel to job sites as needed
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.