Arup's Boston office is the first project in New England to receive WELL Certified Gold.
Testing their Wellness
Arup engaged Officeworks to partner in designing a new space that would foster an environment where their employees could thrive, focusing on their workplace wellness.
As a result, the Arup Boston office serves as a living laboratory to test its own wellbeing approaches to help quantify the impact of health and wellbeing strategies. The assessment includes a WELL-focused pre- and post-occupancy survey developed with in-house environmental psychologists, as well as a custom-designed indoor environmental quality sensor kit built by Arup programmers to stream real-time data.
Arup’s Boston office is the first project to receive WELL Certification at any level in New England and the 14th project to achieve WELL Certified Gold globally.
- 9 total manufacturers sourced.
- The project received WELL, Fitwel, and LEEDv4 certifications.
- Emissions Criteria ( pts awarded):Achieved 90% emissions criteria compliance by cost
- Material Transparency ( pts awarded):Achieved at least 50% of interior finishes and finish materials, furnishings (including workstations) and built in furniture have some combination of Declare Label, Health Product Declaration, LEED V4 MR Credit.
- Enhanced Material Safety ( pts awarded):Achieved at least 25% of product by cost (including furnishings, built-in furniture, all interior finishes & finish material) to meet one or more of Declare Living Product Challenge, Cradle to Cradle Material Health Certification and No Green Screen Benchmark I.